eero (view product ) is a whole home wifi which competes against products like Netgear Orbi, Linksys VELOP and Zyxel Multy U. Compared to its peers, eero is a lower-performing product within its category, with an overall ranking of #9 out of 10 total products.
To review and rank eero, we spent approximately 10 hours reviewing the top 10 mesh wifi systems based on 60 data points such as ethernet ports, tri-band connectivity and dual band connectivity (see the full criteria list).
- Dual band connection: Does each brand support dual bands at 2.4GHz and 5 GHz? Does each brand offer dual-band mesh wifi routers?
- Tri-band connection: Does each brand have trio-band connectivity? Does each brand offer tri-band routers?
- Ethernet ports: Does each brand support multiple LAN connections? How many LAN connections does each brand support for each node?
- Parental controls: Does each brand include parental controls settings? Does &nam allow parents to modify settings for children?
- Connection quality: Does each brand have consistent wireless connection? Is each brand only performance consistent throughout its coverage area?
- Security: Does each brand support WEP, WPA, WPA2, WPS, security? Does each brand support various security protocols?
- Wi-fi area coverage: How many feet in coverage does each brand cover? Does each brand cover a large area?
- Mobile app: Does each brand come with a mobile app? Does each brand offer a mobile app?
eero's strengths are:
- Offers tri-band connection details
Compare eero vs. top competitors (view all):